Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Humility

An important subject in throwing, often neglected by YouTubers and other members of the throwing community when communicating electronically, is humility. It's a funny subject, however; there are times for gloating as well, and sometimes it's hard to know which occasion we find ourselves in. I, for one, have worked on being humble through the years. I was never cocky or anything, but I liked to spam my distanced on people, and find ways to do so without seeming arrogant. But what I've realized over my eight years of throwing is that to be truly humble, you must not say anything unless asked. That is it.

Of course, there are exceptions to this rule. For example, should you post a YouTube video of yourself throwing, you might as well flaunt your distance, unless you really don't care. There are acceptable times to gloat, but most of the time we need to keep our mouths shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment